I thought I was ready for the summer. However, the high temperatures in Northeastern North Carolina have me missing the cool, early spring temperatures. Like most of my beauty junkies, we are trying to figure out how to maintain our fierce make-up looks while trying to stay cool. I wish my only advice to my hot weather beauties was to stay inside where the AC is constantly running on 68 - 70 degrees Fahrenheit. In reality, our lives are much more complicated than being able to stay at home. The following are some of my tips for the hot weather blues, while trying to maintain a fierce face.
- I wear minimal make-up during the summer.
- After cleansing my face, I apply a moisturizer with a sunscreen sparingly. I use an oil-free moisturizer because I have oily skin. I make sure it is completely absorbed into my skin before applying any face products.
- I do not wear any foundation during the summer. I normally wear a concealer to even my skin out with MAC's MSF Natural in Dark on top. *I am currently looking into finding a good tinted moisturizer (someone suggested that I should try Laura Mercier).
- I only wear eyeshadows on the days I need a little extra oomph, because regardless of the base/primer I get creasing. This occurs mainly because I have oily eyelids and after about a couple of hours of being in the heat, I have excessive creasing.
- I like to look fresh face during the summer, so I make sure my brows are done. I also wear a waterproof gel eyeliner and waterproof mascara so I don't look like the girl in the picture below. LOL!
- I normally play up my cheeks in the warm weather. I generally wear Rock & Republic's Immoral, NARS Albatross and/or Taos. * I recently ordered MAC's Surf Baby Paradise Cheek Powder. Hopefully, I will get a lot of wear out of it this summer.
- I also love to use bronzer to highlight my face.
- Lastly, I make sure that my lips are exfoliated. I mainly wear lipgloss during the summer. However, I rock a mean lipstick when I feel I need to, LOL! Check out my summer lip care tips HERE.
*Additional tips: -I drink plenty of water to keep my skin moisturize and wear my hair off of my face too minimize breakouts and blemishes. Plus I keep Oil blotting tissues on hand.
Some products I suggest for your summer makeup routine:
Philosophy 'Hope' Oil-Free Moisturizer SPF 30
Maybelline Volume Express Falsies Waterproof Mascara
Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner
NARS Powder Blush Cheek Color
Neosporin Lip Health Daily Hydration Therapy SPF 20
**This my routine and some of my suggestions. I am in no way suggesting you must follow it. If you have any additional suggestions, please share in the comment section. I would love to hear what tips you may have to offer in addition to the ones I suggested.